Wednesday

Excess

(n, ek-ses):
1. a quantity much larger than is needed.
2. going beyond what is regarded as customary or proper.

It is rare to find a truly hot meal here on the sidewalks of Malaysia. Typically, cooked dishes (nasi goreng, satays, 'meat' etc) are served luke warm or stone cold - they could do with warming the plates. Or maybe fire is not as hot here in the tropics.

So I treated myself and it was nice to be nibbling on a hot meal after the gruelling Mt Kinabalu summit conquering bonanza (more on this to come). Such an expedition with great physical demands leaves a man feeling....hungry.

I must admit chewing on the last two slices it was getting hard to breath (not indifferent to being at altitude on the mountain), but I couldn't walk out of the restaurant in shame. So I chewed those last two pieces, with a smile on my dial, then washed it all down with the 2nd glass of Pepsi.

I chuckled to myself as I left - having just eaten my share, twice, for a mere $6.



Pizza Hut's answer to the McDemon Meal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO Sir Col. Charles Charles Esquire/King of the Mountain/Squirrel Sacrificer Extraordinaire!!!
James Bond and Indiana Jones eat your hearts out.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....the real question poised ever so delicately on the lips of sweet Blanche is...... "did you buy me a present while you were up there?"(no tarantula's please)
Me thinks you have more work to do!!

Take care Forager/Sir Col Charles Charles Esquire.

Lady Cynthia Petulantia Alexandria III