Thursday

Easy Rider I - Uphill

Was approached by a 41 yr old crraaaazzzy man, named Bao, in Danang (a major port for the American war effort). I agreed to accompany him pillion style over the hills and far away for a 9 day journey to Saigon.

So I said goodentark to Martin, and Bao and I departed Hoi An on his sparkly clean, well oiled moto. At first we ran to the hills but when the going got tough, the little 125cc machine struggled furiously. What got tough over the next week was my glutumous maximus.



We passed many ethnic minority villages, war memorials and roadside 'cafes'. Bao passed on a bit of historical trivia.
Most of their chips/snacks are seafood flavour.

(Rain drops fell on our helmets).
Children's new year in Nam. Don't be fooled by the costumes, they're only in it for the money. Like halloween I guess. I positioned 50k ($4) out of reach and the little rascals formed a human ladder to retrieve it.

No comments: