Friday

Easy Rider IV - The wheels fall off

This would be the last day on the bike, although we did not know it yet.
I'd been keeping an eye on the front whel nut which was castellated and had provision for a split pin, although no split pin was in place.


We gorged on prawn sushimi that night, with extreme wasabi and soy. Then we strolled into the Louisiana bar - a classy bar/brewery serving gourmet beer. Mossying across the marble floor we noticed a clean blue lit pool in the middle of the beer garden. Beer was four times the usual price (ie $4) at this establishment and it went down almost as easily as the pool balls were.
Bao & I engaged in a nailbiting battle on the green felt. The stakes were high - winner buys the beer, loser meets a watery grave.


Bao is an Easy Rider - jack of all trades and he's obviously spent many years studying 'The Colour of Money'. Luckily I had brought my A game and was demonstrating a Walter Lindrumesq understanding of geometry.

Bao took the 1st game by a whisker but I didn't let him have the second. So our fates rested on the last game.

I cleverly potted 3 balls off the break and maintained the solid lead on bigs until I was eyeing the black. I lined up the white between the 8 and my freshly chalked cue tip. Mildly inebriated and overly confident I decided to introduce Bao to the game of 'Arrogance' - where you look at your opponent while you knock the black into the corner pocket.

As soon as the white ball had been dusted my eyes panned left to see the black rebounding off the cushion away from the pocket. A scream of embarresment later and it was Bao's turn. He nailed 3 smalls in 3 strokes of the cue. And it was over....the black was being cradled by a net of white rope, out of view.

I endeavour to uphold my word whenever possible and I would honour the bet. Without hesitation I slipped of the shirt, dropped the dacks and descended the few steps past tables of honeymooning couples and launched my b'day suited body into the pool.

Before the splash had come down the pool was surrounded by security. A pretty young waitress leaned over the pool edge and advised that the pool was closed. A young gentlemen at a nearby table lent me a napkin and I made a graceful exit from the water, concealing my boiled shrew with said napkin, exited the bar.

Like a Ted Nugent concert the night was going Gonzo but it didn't end there. It ended half way through the second 'bucket' at a bar down the road, where it turns out Bao lost his wallet, licences etc and phone.

No comments: